Thursday, December 1, 2011

Just Look At It Already


I emailed a Budget Chart to the Hubby. He pissed me off. He didn't even look at it. One day he told me how at lunchtime he downloaded a bunch of cool apps on his phone. Really? Are you kidding me? I was in tears (of anger). Seeing my reaction, he promised me that he would look at the budget and savings I had created for him. No go. I know he didn't view the file I had sent to him.

This past weekend though, he joined me on the couch as I worked on out December budget. I was also watching a Til' Debt Do Us Part marathon. There was a couple that was spending more than what they brought in by over $2400 per month. According to Gail Vaz-Oxlade's Budget Worksheet, 25% of your income should be spent on life (incl misc. spending). The husband spent 34%.

Hubby started talking about what he probably spent on life. I took this as an opportunity. I had the laptop out, so I pulled up his Budget Chart and showed him what he. Spent on Life. I then showed him that he could save an Emergency Fund AND Savings Fund. Also, what he should pay towards his debt.

He bought into it.

My goal is to add his Emergency and Savings to the monthly budget. That way when he drops his share of the payments into our joint account, I will be able to direct his personal funds into his ING Direct account.

The journey continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment